Effective Advertising Helps Create the Good Traffic
Everyone knows the wrong kind of traffic; when we spend hours sitting bumper-to-bumper on over-crowded roadways without ever really getting anywhere. For businesses to compete successfully they need to employ a marketing agency that can create effective advertising capable of generating the good kind of traffic to their website.
Whether directly or indirectly, more traffic to your website means more money in your pockets. This is especially true for blogs and other online publications that earn money directly through advertising revenue. The higher your daily, weekly and monthly traffic, the more you can charge to advertise on your site. Website traffic is also helpful for companies selling products online, or for businesses looking to advertise their services and/or products.
No matter how time and technology change, one steadfast rule in business remains: the more people you can attract to your offerings, the more money you stand to make as a result. Internet traffic helps get more people through the door (both online and at brick-and-mortar locations).
How to Understand Your Web Traffic
At its core, understanding web viewership is quite simple – more people visiting your site equals more traffic. But there are several different metrics that determine the quality of the traffic received. Without complete comprehension all of the measurables it can be difficult to get a full grasp of your web volume, how to improve it and how to monetize it.
Here are some key terms you need to know:
- Visits: The number of times a site is visited. Each time an individual goes to your site counts as a visit.
- Unique Visitors: The amount of people who visited a site. Even if a person goes to your site 8 times, it will only be counted as one unique visit.
- Bounce Rate: The calculation of the percentage of visitors who come to a site and leave without going to another page or interacting with the website in anyway.
- Average Visit Duration: The calculation of the average amount of time a visitor is on your site. The longer a person stays on your site, the better.
- Traffic Sources: The breakdown of the origin of your web traffic, whether through Bing, Google, organic search, paid search or other referral sources. This tells you where your traffic is coming from.
All of these variables should be combined with any information you have about your audience (age, gender, location, etc.) to help you understand what is drawing visitors to your site, and how to keep them coming back and remaining engaged.
Effective Advertising Creates High Online Traffic Leading to High Conversions
To thrive in today’s business world, having an appealing website is paramount, no matter the industry or size of the company. But simply having a website is not enough – you need effective adverting to generate regular and active visitors to your website. You want people to find your website, explore your features and then take some sort of measurable action.
Examples of Desirable Consumer Actions:
- Make a purchase
- Sign up for a newsletter or subscription
- Make a donation
- Sign a petition
- Like a company on Facebook
When a visitor to your site takes the desired action, it is called a conversion – the Holy Grail of all marketing. Quite obviously, the more people who are attracted to your website, the more chances you’ll have for a conversion. The actual conversion rate you should strive for depends on how big your company is, how popular its services are and the type of industry.
Many different factors influence conversion rate. One of the chief factors is the variation in the definition of a conversion from site to site. At one website, the goal may be to get visitors to download a packet, while another may want customers to purchase something. Different prices within the same industries can also impact conversion. If one site is selling bikes for $2,000, and another site is selling them for $200, there’s a good chance that their conversion rates will be different.
You get your conversion rate by dividing the amount of visitors by the amount of people who took the action you wanted them to. Here are some average conversion rates for different industry sectors. 
Strategies to Increase Web Traffic
No matter how much business your company draws or how much traffic your site attracts, you always need to be trying to gain more. Effective advertising attracts new visitors and engages returning ones. Several different strategies are used to build and improve your web traffic.
- Long-Tail Keywords: The days of single-word keyword-stuffing are long gone, but long-tail keywords are still valuable. Long-tail keywords include relevant phrases and terms related to your business. It has been shown that 50 percent of onsite optimization should focus on long-tail keywords.  For example, the keyword Bieber is likely very popular and highly searched on the web. If Bieber is the keyword, then a long-tail keyword phrase would be “Justin Bieber performs in Paris,” or “Justin Bieber new world tour.” The more words added into the keyword phrase, the less competitive it is and the more likely your ranking will increase.
- Blog and Share: Blogs are an excellent way to utilize keyword research and answer pertinent questions in your industry. Most websites should feature a regularly updated blog that is shared through social media and several other outlets.
- Create Forums: The use of forums can help you rank for long-tail keywords and reduce bounce rate. Forums also encourage user interaction, which is exactly what you want.
- Internal Linking: All of your web pages and blog posts should link to other related material you’ve created. The goal is to get readers to explore your site and increase engagement.
- Improve Your Headlines: This is where the engagement begins for the reader. If you can’t entice them to read past the headline, you’ll never get the conversion.
Creating Effective Advertising is What We Do
As an award winning marketing agency we know how to create effective advertising to help direct traffic to your site, which will translate into consumer interest and subsequent revenue. Our expert team of marketing specialists know how to create effective advertising campaigns that will drive the right kind of traffic to your company website.
Whether your business is looking to build a captivating and eye-catching website, gain a deeper understanding of what drives results on the major search engines or be at the forefront of social media marketing, Mary Pomerantz Advertising has the right staff and tools to get the job done. Contact us today at 732-214-9600 to get started.